Sample Secretary Interview Questions
Tips and advice on effective preparation for all secretaries
within, school, administrative, medical and legal settings
The sample secretary interview questions listed below are a selection commonly asked by interviewers. They are designed to glean vital secretarial aptitudes such as organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, ability to multi-task, working accurately under pressure as well as excellent communication skills. As with all other interviews, success is dependent on adequate preparation. Apart from researching the employer, you will need to study common questions and prepare adequate answers. The best interview tip is to prepare your answers and practice giving these answers in mock interview sessions with a friend, colleague or relation. You will need to practice until you are able to give competent and smooth deliveries.
Sample of common secretary interview questions:
- Give us a brief account of your career.
- Why should we appoint you?
- What benefits can you bring to this organization?
- What are your main strengths?
- What is your main weakness?
- How familiar are you with MS Word?
- How familiar are you with MS Excel?
- How familiar are you with MS Access database?
- How familiar are you with MS PowerPoint?
- Are you able to use macros?
- What is your typing speed?
- What other office software are you familiar with?
- Can you create project calendars using MS Excel?
- How do you feel about data protection?
- Is there anything else we ought to know about you?
These sample interview questions for secretaries should give you an insight on common questions. Spend adequate time preparing your answers to ensure optimum performance. The links below feature answers to commonly asked interview questions such as "why should we appoint you" and "tell me about yourself".