Common Nursing Job
Sample of typical nursing interview
questions to expect
The sample below represent common nursing job interview questions to expect. Adequate preparation is the key to good performance in job interviews. Nursing questions are designed to assess your overall suitability so you will need to familiarise with common questions. Spend time preparing your answers and practice them in mock interviews with a friend or colleague until you feel comfortable with your delivery.
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Why should we employ you?
- What is your biggest strength?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What do you think about euthanasia?
- Why is nursing a rewarding experience for you?
- How would you describe your personality?
- What do you think are the most important qualities a nurse should possess?
- Describe a typical shift in your current/previous job
- Are you ready to be on call if we appoint you?
- What do you think are the biggest challenges facing nursing today?
- Describe an occasion in which you handled an emergency
- Describe an occasion in which you demonstrated negotiation skills to handle a difficult patient
- Describe how you have improved patient safety in your working regime
- How would you enhance patient care?
Answers to common nursing job interview questions all require a common sense approach. By spending time on the above questions, you should be able to formulate adequate answers from your personal experience. The links below point to answers to general interview questions. From these, you can glean an insight on how to formulate your own answers to more specific nursing questions.
> PRACTICE NURSE
> STUDENT NURSE
> WARD SISTER
> GENERAL MANAGER
> SALES ADVISOR
> SENIOR STAFF
> SURGICAL STAFF
> BID DIRECTOR
> LEAD NURSE
> CHARGE NURSE
> ICU NURSE
> HOME MANAGER
> COMMUNITY NURSE
> MENTAL HEALTH
> PRIMARY CARE
> NIGHT SISTER